Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lessons I Refuse to Learn

#1. It is better to go into credit-card debt, however deep, to get one's car inspected and repaired than it is to let the inspection expire. A constable will eventually find you.

#2. Paying off one's credit card to be "debt-free" is a bad idea. Being "debt-free" is always temporary and only serves to make the next necessary debt more painful.

#3. Man cannot live on bread alone. And in Dallas, even if a man's rent is $400 a month, he cannot live on less than $1000 without either a Visa card or food stamps.

7 comments:

Jason said...

Lessons I refuse to learn:

1) always double down on eleven.

2) no mater how hopeless people seem, they will always suprise you by ordering the most expensive frapuccino. (there is a hidden lesson here)

3) a blog is only as good as the people who comment on it.

4) if you have a buck, and buy a loaf of bread for $0.35, then you have $0.65 left. If you have 7 grand and spend $0.35 on a loaf of bread, you still have 7 grand.

Anonymous said...

I like this post. I like the picture. I like the comments and I like the people who commented. I like your blog.

Anonymous said...

The rich are poorer then you are thanks to debt.

Spoon said...

I would like to know where I can buy a loaf of bread for 35 cents so I can spend my other 65 on Mountain Dew. ...I think Debt-Free was the name of Amelia Earhart's plane...

Les, thanks for the props. Bean, how much debt would I have to go into to buy your truck? ;^)

Jason said...

actually, that "loaf of bread" lesson is a Steve Martin quote, which automatically increases it from "funny ha ha" to "laugh-out-loud."

Anonymous said...

$2,750 in debt. Give me a call if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

If you're not game for the truck...I'm going to find another buyer.