Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bye Bye Barker

After fifty years in television (thirty-five of those on The Price Is Right), Bob Barker has announced that he is stepping down. The 83-year-old will retire in June of 2007. Now, I've thought he's been pretty cranky the past few years, but I get all misty-eyed at the thought of a Barkerless TPIR. It was hard enough to lose Rod Roddy; I grew up with both of these guys. I gotta buy myself a ticket to LA and witness the magic while I still can. The Dice Game, Plinko, and Hole-In-One just won't be the same without good ol' Bob.

Here's some video of Bob gettin' grumpy with an utterly clueless contestant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great clip. I used to get up and watch The Price is Right every single day of my summer vacation.

Are you coming to our blarty?