Friday, June 22, 2007

Logging on as a Longhorn

I'm typing these very letters and words from the giganormous University of Texas at Austin library. I don't even know what this thing's officially called, but it's so big, it probably has three names. Looking over my shoulder, I can see computer terminal #129 all the way in the back of the room. This ain't no Richland College lib'ary, my friends. This is the real deal.

As someone who has been accepted to UT, I have the awesome privilege of using my electronic identification number (or EID as they say around here) to sign in to the uni's computers. Nice, especially since I haven't given UT a gosh-darn dime, registered for a single class, or even payed the deposit. Yet here I sit, using this fine academically-purposed Dell (by the way, Blogbarger, the faculty get Macs around here for some reason) for something purely un-academic.

Welp, I should probably track down that philosophy advisor before he takes off for the weekend. Hook 'em...us!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Perhaps Whips and Whistles up at Wheaton?