Monday, July 16, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

Well, I paid Wheaton $300 to secure a spot in their hallowed halls this fall. I'm still trying to talk myself into it, but I haven't talked to a single person yet who didn't enthusiastically support the decision.

Wheaton's campus looks exactly like a college campus ought to look: great old architecture, beautiful landscaping, and a meticulously groomed football field. I didn't get to have any meaningful conversations with staff or faculty while I was there, but I think most professors' resumes speak for themselves. Also, as both the cheesy, squeaky-clean tour guide and the hip, dredlocked admissions counselor pointed out, Wheaton has some of the best college food in the nation.

Here's a picture of the Wheaton Mastodon (for Blogbarger). Chris, let's be sure to go to Metro Diner before I leave town to share a couple of Masterburgers.

5 comments:

mezgermemo said...

Spoon! I had no idea?? Tell me more...

Jason said...

"Also, if you’re not studying photography under Curt Starr by the time classes start in the fall I will expect a pretty damn good explanation. I mean you’ll really have to sell me on your failure to develop your obvious visual talent."
Comment by Spoon 04.12.07 @ 4:32 am

I don't think I will be doing Curt's class this fall. The Sarajevo trip might get in the way. Maybe I will just have to get Mackenzie Rollins to teach me a few things instead.

Anonymous said...

You mean THE Wheaton? As in Wheaton, IL Wheaton?
Like, you're gonna live close to me again Wheaton? (I'm sure this entered into your decision)...
I hope so. Would be good to hang out again.

Spoon said...

I dunno...is it the one in IL, or the one in MA? Two Wheatons, only one me. Both have underwhelming mascots: one is the Thunder and the other are the Lyons. It's either, "Hey, I play sports for Wheaton; I'm the sound that lightening makes!" or, "Hey, I play sports for Wheaton, I'm the principle silk-producing city in France!" But I will always consider myself a Mastodon.

Anonymous said...

Go Thundering Mastodons!
Anything I can do... let me know.