Tuesday, May 22, 2007

An Open Invitation

Alright, guys, I'm hoping to make you an offer you can't refuse. I just got hired at the Porch, the latest buzz-worthy Simon/Badovinus restaurant. I wait tables and I need practice. I don't want to be the guy who forgets to refill Mark Cuban's water glass next time he comes in. So here's the deal: Come in and have a meal at the Porch, request me as your server, and be my very own VIP. Our food is fabulous, the kind of stuff mom would make if she were an executive chef. Here's the kicker: you don't have to tip me. No, you don't. If you come to my restaurant, don't you dare tip me. I just want to see some friendly faces.

Come on over and have some brisket sliders, a grilled three-cheese sandwich and a cup of homemade tomato soup or a plate of braised short rib stroganoff. Or grab a 14oz cut of medium-rare prime rib and side of smoked ham mac'n'cheese to share. And give our farmer's market cobbler a try before the peaches go out of season. Sandwiches start at $10. I work tonight (the 22nd), Thursday (24th), and Sunday (27th). We open at 5; here's the map.

4 comments:

Chris Linebarger said...

Can't make it this week, but I'm there man. Post a schedule for next week when you get it. I was hoping to see you Thursday night at Alan's but I guess you'll be working.

Spoon said...

Awesome. I'll update when the next schedule gets published (I also work Monday the 28th). Also, I thought Alan was gonna be out of town on Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I'll be there Sunday night.

Spoon said...

Sweet. Sunday night would otherwise be pretty lame.