Monday, May 28, 2007

Update: An Open Invitation

Or: "When I Look at the Television, I Wanna See Me Starin' Right back at Me."

I got pretty bummed when I found out I'd be working the high-top tables in the bar tonight. Self-seating at these tables means less food and more drinks, often ordered at the bar. That can equal a lot of work and not a lot of reward.

I didn't make much money, but I did luck out. TXA 21 came by to do a profile of the Porch and they sat in my section. Plus, super chef and co-founder Nick Badovinus was working and I got to interact with him throughout the night. Of course, the TXA people loved the food. And I got some camera time. Tune in Sunday at 6pm for a show called "DFW 10" to check it out.

I work Wednesday (the 30th), Sunday, and Monday. I hope to see you soon!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Sorry, but despite the offer of no tip, it is still too expensive for me to come and see you at work.

Spoon said...

Hey, didn't Scott Longstreet and I eat dry brisket and fried catfish at Famous Dave's when you were squishing together premixes behind the bar there? It's your turn to step up to the plate. Oh yeah, pun intended.

Jason said...

As I recall, you didn't have to drive through Kansas and Oklahoma to eat where I worked.