Friday, March 17, 2006

Chef Cooks Others but Can't Take the Heat


Isaac Hayes has quit South Park because of the show's "intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs." I wonder if he means the countless times the show has slammed Christianity, Catholicism, Judiasm, Mormonism, and the person of Jesus in its nine years on the air, or if he's referring to their recent diss of Scientology, which he practices. Hayes, aka Chef, says "there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins."

I like what SP co-creator Trey Parker had to say about it: "Past episodes of South Park have skewered Catholics, Jews and Mormons, among others. [We] never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."



...Or maybe Hayes didn't quit and all the nastiness was published as a part of a Scientologist conspiracy. I hope you at least watched the episode. Stay tuned for my upcoming expose of Masonic handshakes...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am offended that you would even write about this.

Anonymous said...

Just kidding, bro.

Spoon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spoon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spoon said...

I am offended that you would post a patently ironice joke comment and then go back and clarify that it was a joke. I am also offended by the hair on your ears and your decision to begin eating spagetti whilst clothed.

Spoon said...

I'm really not offended. Please come home, Mr. Kubarger. I miss you.